Gaming, Music, Browsing are all so smooth and faster in a new Android phone. But over time, the performance goes slow down, specially browsing speed. This Android specific article is written with the objective of helping android users get the maximum boost to their Internet browsing Speed. Below are some performance problems and the best solutions to it.
- Phone Cache Overload
Solution: Always make use of the following android native option to purge your android’s memory cache. This step can help speed up your device if the cache is overloaded and clear a lot of space.
- How to clear app cache in Android? Head over to “Settings” > Choose “Storage” menu > Tap “Cached Data” > Hit OK button
- Background Data Usage
Solution: Restrict access of Android apps that makes use of Internet stealthily in the background. Do it either through Android’s built-in options or simply by using 3rd party apps.
- How to restrict background data for a specific app? Head over to “Settings” > Tap “Apps” > Select the specific App > Choose “App Info” > Tap “Data usage” > Enable “Restrict app background data”
- How to restrict background data for all the apps? Head over to “Settings” > Choose “Data Usage” > Hit the three dot button > Tap on “Restrict background data” > Set monthly mobile data limit
- 3rd party Apps to restrict background data
- Background Running Apps
Solution: Apart from keeping an eye on how much data apps running in the background are consuming, also be ruthless about closing them.
- Don’t run more than 2-3 apps while browsing the internet as this can reduce your internet speed.
4a. Android Auto Updates
Solution: Remove the “Auto-Update” feature for apps that are not so important, epecially apps that make use of internal storage. To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- How to stop Auto Updates in Android? Open Google Play > Tap Settings > Tap Auto-update apps > Select Do not auto-update apps.
4b. Android Auto Sync
Solution: Disable the “Auto-Sync” feature by default on such apps. To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
- How to disable Auto-Sync in Android? Go to Settings > Data usage > Tap Toggle button > Uncheck auto Sync.
- Network Boosting and Optimizing
Solution: Use 3rd party apps to optimize and boost up your android phone’s Internet speed:
- Default Network Connection
Solution: Switch default network connection to 4G to increase the Internet speed. Choose either of these options:
- Method 1: Go to “Settings” > More > Mobile Networks > Your preferred network type > Select 4G
- Method 2: Go to “Settings” > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Network > Select 4G
- Insufficient Internal Storage
Solution: Make use of external storage wherever possible. Be sure most of your apps and all your downloads end up on your SD card, or utilize services like Dropbox.
- How to move Android apps to SD card?
Android Native Method : Open the “Settings” > Tap Applications > Select Manage Applications > Select the app you want to move > Tap the Move to SD card button
3rd Party Applications : AppMgr III (former App 2 SD): Select the apps you want to move to your SD card, the app will give you an option to move them.
- How to set Android default Download location to SD card?
Open your File Explorer/download one( Follow these steps for - ES File Explorer). Note: When you download using your browser, make ES file downloader as your default option.
- Open ES File Explorer > Create a New Folder in the SDcard (desired path) > Go to “Settings” from side menu > Choose directory settings > Select the download path as the desired folder in your external SD card.