Asan Menstrual Cup Review

Authored by GRandom on

My days are now completely stain-free & stress-free. I cannot thank my friend enough for this excellent recommendation. 👌👌👌

My days are now completely stain-free & stress-free. I cannot thank my friend enough for this excellent recommendation. 👌👌👌

RandomTyms Breed - Random Blogger.

All I can tell you is that my days are now completely stain-free & stress-free. I cannot thank my friend enough for this excellent recommendation. 

Avail 20% Discount Code - GANGA

What are Menstrual cups? 

Shaped like a small bell with a stem or a ring, Menstrual Cups are usually made of flexible medical grade silicone, latex, or a thermoplastic isomer. 

How does it work?

Once the Menstrual Cup is folded and inserted into the vagina, instead of absorbing the flow like how a pad does, it catches the flow and collects it.

Is it painful to use?

Menstrual cups are very different from pads and may seem like a big change at first only. After a bit of practice in the beginning, it is convenient to use than a tampon or pad. With practice, people may not even feel their cups at all.

Can we feel them? 

When used correctly, a menstrual Cup shouldn’t be felt. Nothing should be sticking out, it should be only be just inside you. If you can feel the cup outside, then this likely means it hasn't been inserted properly.

How to remove it without mess?

Slowly and steadily is the way.
1. Release the seal,
2. Hold on to the base,
3. Gently slide it out. 
< h3>How do we clean them?
Cleaning solutions dedicated to Menstrual Cups are available but any mild, unscented oil-free soap is good too. It is recommended to boil the menstrual cup to fully sanitize it before or after each cycle. 

Do Menstrual Cups shorten your period?

Though there is no clinical evidence whatsoever on why this might happen. From my personal experience, I found this one true. Here is a theory supporting the claim.
Flow is purely a mechanical process — Gravity. Theoretically the suction created by the cup, could increase the flow and shorten the duration.

How long can it be used?

Pads need to be changed every 4 to 8 hours, depending on your flow. Depending on how heavy your flow is, you may be able to wear your cup for up to an absolute maximum of 12 hours. If your periods are heavy or the first few days are heavy than you will need to empty more frequently to prevent leaks.

What I recommend? Why?

Asan Menustrual Cup is my choice.
1. Ring-shaped stem facilitates smoothest removal
2. No rashes, discomfort, odours or itching
3. Promised re-use for up to 10 years (2nd year running)

Personal experience

Asan was my first menstrual cup and I am perfectly happy I chose it.  I heartfully wish I had this one when I first had my period because that would have saved me all those times I spent worrying about stains and disposing problems.

I must admit that the insertion and removal of the cup was tough when I tried it for the first time. Now it is just a matter of a second. 

My periods are heavy for the first few days and I had to empty it more frequently - A backup pad or liner on those specific days gives me absolute peace of mind.