Are you a non- vegetarian seafood fan? You must definitely taste this spicy, tangy prawn curry recipe that goes well with rice or roti. Do try this easy coastal delicacy and share it with your friends.
For Marination:Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
For Preparation:Cleaned Prawn - 250 grams
Cinnamon - 1 small stick
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 2
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Shallots - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium chopped finely
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 2 medium chopped finely
Salt to taste
Water - 1/2 cup
- Take the cleaned and de-veined prawn in a bowl.
- Mix marination ingredients to it and let it sit for 15 mins.
- Now heat 3 tsp oil in a Kadai and Add the marinated prawns.
- Toss well in the oil and let it cook for 5 to 7 mins till the prawns curl.
- Remove the prawns in a bowl leaving behind any of the juices in the Kadai.
- Let the juice bubble up and reduce for a couple of mins.
- Now add in cinnamon, fennel seeds and cook for a min.
- Add in onions and curry leaves. Saute for 5 mins or so.
- Now add in ginger garlic paste and mix well for a min.
- Add in salt and all spice powders and mix well for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till it turns mushy.
- Increase the heat and add some water and mix well.
- Add the cooked prawns and cook for 5 mins or so.
- Squeeze a lemon slice if you like it a little tangy.