Airtel gives you 2 new Options:
- Recharge for Rs 145, Get 14GB 3G/4G data.
- Use the Rs 349 plan, Get unlimited calling to all networks + 14GB data.
Happy New Year is OverIf the nearing of the end of Jio's Happy New Year offer is making you feel bad, Don't worry you are not alone in this. Mr.Ambani's generosity has come to an end and we need to pay Rs 303 per month for 30 GB data.
Airtel joins the 4G RACEAirtel, not to be left alone, has now announced "2 New Plans" that just took the 100-million-plus Jio users by surprise. This plan is the cheapest Airtel has offered so far. Let's compare and compute.
Airtel vs JIO
- The per GB data cost comes to around Rs10 for 1 GB data.
- These packs have daily cap of 0.5GB or 500MB that can't be accumulated and used at once.
- Airtel offers a 14GB smaller pack of 3G/4G data at the same per GB cost - a good option for moderate data users.
- For a recharge of Rs 145, Airtel offers an added benefit -- unlimited Airtel-to-Airtel calls.
- Airtel's 349 pack offers unlimited calls to all networks + 14 GB 4G data per month - formerly a benefit in packs priced well over Rs 1000.
- One catch with Jio is that you need to pay Rs 100 to become a Jio Prime customer first to be eligible for a Rs 303 plan.
- The coverage and connectivity issues continue to plague Jio's network that is yet to make presence in every Indian nook and corner.
- According to a report released by TRAI, Jio 4G Internet speeds had fallen sharply in January.
PS - Airtel had clocked double the speed to reach up to Jio's declined numbers.
So the Winner is AIRTEL.