WhatsApp now lets you keep your friends updated about you in a fun and simple way. No longer is WhatsApp - a harmless message typing-sending-receiving app. It is totally becoming more like a brand new social network.
Best Updates - Just Introduced
- Don't hold on - Play your videos right away & Download it in the background.
- You just got the long awaited Gif support. Send and receive animated GIFs for the first time.
- WhatsApp video calling has been improved and is totally better now.
Latest Update - Status Feature
- Set up multiple status updates in a day.
- Statuses will play one after the other.
- Restrict display only to selected friends.
- Visibility of these updates is 24 hours.
- Pooh! Then they just Disappear.
How to Use New WhatsApp Status?
- The new Status feature can be accessed on the WhatsApp home page. Status gets a tab of its own, in between Chats and Calls.
- This new tab comes with options to:
- Try straight image/video update using WhatsApp camera.
- See updates from other friends and family.
- Reply to the new “status” of friends by tapping on ‘Reply’ button.
Features in WhatsApp Status TabWithin the Status tab find various groups:
My Status -Find your most recent WhatsApp status and swipe to know who has seen your Status.
Recent Updates -This group shows new Status messages that your friends have created in the last 24 hours.
Viewed Updates -The name itself is self explanatory.
Muted Updates -Updates from users you've muted are listed in this group.
WhatsApp Status Privacy
- Updates created by you are visible to all your contacts by default.
- You can limit the visibility like this (My contacts except) or (Only share with).
- This real behavioural change for WhatsApp users is fully encrypted end-to-end.