CTM is a skin care regime that stands for Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising. It is a ideal skincare routine for those who can afford only very little time for daily skincare.
Why is a skincare routine necessary?
Daily activities accumulates dirt, pollutants, bacteria, viruses, and the dead skin cells in our skin.
An everyday skin routine can help removing these daily accumulations on our dear face and replenish skin's moisture and nourishment needs.
What is CTM routine?
Start with a good cleanser, follow it up with a toner to further clean out your pores and tighten them, and then finish up with a hydrating moisturiser.
C - Cleansing
Cleansing your face regularly brightens your skin, reduce breakouts, other skin issues, reduces tanning and pigmentation issues.
T - Toning
Toning maintains the natural pH level of skin and removes the impurities and residues left by the cleanser.
M - Moisturising
Cleansing and Toning can open the pores of the skin and leave it bare. The skin loses its natural moisture so it is very important to hydrate it.
Is CTM routine good for skin?
Missing any step in C-T-M process means less glow, less freshness for your skin. You need to take all these three steps and that too one by one and in correct order.
How many times should we do?
One may wonder how many times to do C-T-M. Twice a day is the answer – once in morning after bedtime, once before bedtime.
CTM process with Home-made products
Natural Cleanser -
1. Mix gram flour with a pinch of Turmeric and plain water (oily/combination) / milk (dry/sensitive) skin and massage it all over your face. Rinse after 5 mts.
2. Cleanse with buttermilk (oily/combination) / curd (dry/sensitive) skin.
Natural Toner -
1. Rose water, which is rich in tannins, can have a tightening effect on skin.
2. Chilled water/ Ice cube can act as a natural toner.
Natural Moisturizer -
1. Use 1 TSP aloe Vera gel and 1 TSP vitamin e oil with little raw Coconut oil. This is a simple and effective moisturizer to be used at home.
2. Sweet Almond oil is a boon for dry skin. It keeps the skin moisturized for a long period of time.