- It is an insect found everywhere. They are busiest at night.
- Male mosquito feed only on plant nectar. Female mosquito suck the blood of animals and human beings.
- Malaria and Dengue fever are caused by these mosquitoes.
- Crow is a common bird found during day.
- It is black in colour and can caw loudly.
- It is a clever bird that steals the food of human and animals.
- Crow is a scavenger bird that keeps our environment clean by eating dead bodies of animals and birds.
- Owl has large eyes, a flat face, large head and a small, hooked beak.
- It makes a unique “hoot” sound.
- Owls are very silent fliers and are mostly active at night.
- Group of owls is called a parliament.
- Baby owls are called owlets.
- An Aeroplane is the fastest means of transport.
- They have a huge body, two large wings and a tail.
- Driven by pilots, owing to its high speed at which it travels, it can cover long distances in a short time.
- Passenger planes carry people. Cargo planes carry goods. Fighter planes are used to drop bombs and attack the enemy.
- Many children and adults fly kites for fun on windy days.
- A kite is made of paper, plastic, or cloth stretched across a light, often wooden frame.
- They fly high in the air at the ends of long strings.
- If the string is tight, the wind will push against the kite and raise it. The wind’s force keeps the kite up.